Monday, July 23, 2007

You Would Do What ??

Is Obama really the right guy ?? I don't think and after tonight's comment many of you will say the same thing. During tonight's Democratic presidential debate in South Carolina, presidential hopeful, Barack Hussein Obama, was asked:
"Would you be willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea, in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?"
Obama responds:
"I would, and the reason is this: the notion that somehow not talking to countries is somehow punishing them, which has been the guiding diplomatic principle of this administration, is ridiculous.''
His reasoning for his comment was that Ronald Regan and former Democratic presidents had conversations with the Soviet Union during the "Evil Empire" days.

This is the comment that gets me:
"And I think it is a disgrace that we have not spoken to them.''
Really? Mr. Obama, Would you have sat down with Hitler and reasoned with him? Stalin? Pol Pot? I think you are a disgrace.

As much as I dislike Hillary Clinton, she did have her head screwed on correctly tonight when she said:
"I will not promise to meet with the leaders of these countries during my first year. I don't want to be used for propaganda purposes and don't want to make a situation even worse, but I certainly agree that we need to get back to diplomacy, which has been turned into a bad word by this administration.''
The key phrase is: "used for propaganda purposes." That is what Obama will be used for if he ever makes a trip to Cuba.

As my sister's e-mail phrase says: "No to Obama, Osama, and Chelsea's Mama"

Read how John Edwards agree's with Obama here.

No comments: