Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Why?

Sometimes I am asked why do you care so much about Cuba? You were born in the U.S. I say to myself, "Damn, that's an easy answer". I feel that it starts with my whole immediate family being born in Cuba and all that they went through to escape that "hell". Thanks to them I live in a free country. All the stories I have heard throughout the years have really stuck on me and the fact that many of them were lived by my family members. I feel that I have more than a connection with the caribbean's most beautiful island, it my passion. I can't wait for the day to be able to step foot on a FREE Cuba !!

I have had people tell me that I am more Cuban than actual Cubans born on the island. Go figure. Comments like that make me feel very proud of myself. (I am not coincided, LOL !!) Cuba will always be my second home, but my heart is always there. I am proud to tell anyone who asks, "Where are you from", that "I am American by birth but Cuban by blood" (thanks Alberto De La Cruz for that wonderful phrase). Cuba is my passion !! That will never change.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

I too am...

American by birth but Cuban by blood"